I would like to buy a good quality used vehicle. What’s the difference between used and certified pre-owned?
This is a great question and an important one to help consumers make an informed decision. However, the difference with a certified pre-owned is that it must be sold by a dealership certified to sell that manufacturer’s vehicles, as Jaffarian is for Toyota and Volvo, so that we may honor the warranty and meet the strict criteria required to ‘certify’ a pre-owned vehicle.
A Toyota Certified pre-owned vehicle must be a current model year Toyota, up to and including six year old models, and have 85,000 miles or less on the odometer. Each Toyota dealer is required to order a full CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ with results showing no ineligible requirements. Then, each vehicle must meet or exceed all 160-points of our Quality Assurance Inspection. These strict standards ensure that only the best of the best vehicles receive the Toyota Certified Seal of Approval.
A certified pre-owned Toyota at Jaffarian includes the following:
• 12-month/12,000-mile Limited Comprehensive Warranty
• 7-year/100,000-mile Limited Powertrain Warranty, which includes the following:
• Engine Components
• Manual Transmission
• Automatic Transmission
• Axle Assembly Components
• Hybrid Components
• 1-year of Roadside Assistance
• 160-Point Quality Assurance Inspection
• CARFAX® Vehicle History Report
• Certified customers are eligible for standard new car financing rates.
For a Volvo to be certified, it must pass a rigorous 130-point test and have less than 80,000 miles. Once certified, the buyer receives the following:
• 7 year/100,00 mile warranty
• Free roadside assistance
• Zero deductible for all warranty visits
• The factory-backed warranty fully covers every part of your Certified Pre-Owned Volvo that is not specifically excluded, including the replacement or repair of thousands of components
• Receive a clear CARFAX® Vehicle History Report
• Repair or replace any needed components, carefully checking the exterior and powertrain.
In many cases, buying a certified pre-owned is the best of both worlds. You get a vehicle that is still warrantied, looks and even smells like a new vehicle, and you’re getting the vehicle at a great price point.. As most people know, as soon as you drive a new vehicle off the lot—it is now a “used” vehicle and therefore, has depreciated as soon as it leaves the lot. Certified pre-owned is a great solution for people wanting to buy a higher priced model they normally cannot afford brand new.