Spring is here and I couldn’t be happier! Is there anything I need to do for my vehicle?
Yes, it’s March Madness month, spring starts officially on March 20 and daylight savings time starts this weekend! I’d like to remind everyone as you set your clocks one hour ahead, it’s also time to change the batteries in your smoke detectors.
I’ve have addressed the topic of drinking and driving so many times, but I will take one more opportunity to say with St. Patrick’s Day and March Madness, many people use these events as a reason to drink. If you do drink, make sure you don’t drive. Have a designated driver to be safe.
With the nice weather upon us (let’s hope it lasts), many people will be driving more. It is time to schedule your spring tune-up or check-up. Treat your vehicle to an interior and exterior cleaning including the undercarriage to remove the salt and sand. Protect your interior carpets with an interior cleaning – it is amazing how a clean vehicle boosts your spirits! If you schedule your spring check-up at Jaffarian, add a car wash at the Jaffarian AutoSpa. We offer many options to choose from to fit your cleaning needs and to protect your wallet.
Recommendations for your Vehicle’s Spring Check-up:
- Check all of your engine’s fluids to make sure they are full. This should be done with each oil change.
- Check each fluid bottle’s dipstick or fill line. Jaffarian’s Service team will check these each time you bring your vehicle in for service. Most of these should last in between service appointments.
- Check your windshield washer fluid, especially if you’ve been using it more frequently with the recent winter weather.
- Belts and hoses need to be checked. Pull on the belts to make sure they are not loose – if they are, have them checked by a professional technician.
- Gently squeeze the radiator hoses while the engine is warm (not hot). If the hose feels too soft, it may need replacing. Our factory certified technicians can check this for you.
- Worn-out spark plugs can greatly reduce fuel efficiency. Check your spark plugs and replace if needed.
- Check your windshield wiper blades. If you have the heavy-duty winter blades, you may want to swap them out.
- Check the body for any signs of rust, which should be treated immediately. Our award-winning Jaffarian Body Shop is available for touch-ups or major work to make your vehicle look like new.
- Check your tire pressure to make sure it meets the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- After winter driving, check your vehicle’s alignment. If it pulls or veers to one side, it is likely you need an alignment. There is no reason to guess on if you need an alignment or not. We have the state-of-the-art Hawkeye system to determine whether or not an alignment is needed and one of our team members will review the system’s readings with you so you are well-informed of if you do or do not need an alignment.
- Tires should be regularly checked. If you purchased tires before the winter, you likely are all set, but when your vehicle is in for a check-up, make sure they are checked for any unusual wear. Regularly rotation is important. Make sure your tires are in good shape or replace them with a good quality all-weather tire recommended for your vehicle and your driving needs. Also, have the tire pressure checked given the range of temperatures we have experienced.
- Have your brakes checked. They may have lost performance and functionality during the winter driving months.
Feel free to call to schedule by phone or online with our certified Volvo and Toyota technicians in the Jaffarian Service Department, however, we do service all makes and models. Our Service Department is open Monday through Saturday. Check our money-saving special offers here for service, alignments, and an AutoSpa visit.