I bought my Toyota from Jaffarian, but why would I come back for service when there is a service station closer to home and may be less expensive than your dealership?
This is a great question — thank you for asking! There are so many reasons why you will love Jaffarian’s Service Departments, let me count the ways…
1. A common misperception is that dealerships are more expensive than other places for servicing your vehicle. The reality is you want to be sure you are comparing apples to apples. As I have written about before – it is similar to buying paper towels. You can buy the cheapest and use 3 times as many or you can buy a quality paper towel and get better value. We WANT and EXPECT you to do your homework when buying a vehicle and when choosing who services your vehicle. We make it easy for you by doing the research for you. Check out “Dare to Compare” on our website to help you evaluate alternatives and your best options to get the most value for servicing your vehicle! It is updated monthly to help you make an informed decision and compare in detail what you get for your money.
2. Trained Professionals. Not all service is the same for various makes and models. If you are driving a Volvo or a Toyota, you likely value quality. Our service advisors and service technicians are trained and our service technicians are professionally certified to work on your vehicle. A service advisor will meet with you before and after your appointment to explain everything that was done and recommended maintenance schedules. Your technician and/or advisor will meet with you to explain any service needed when they diagnose a problem prior to performing the work and will let you know all charges. At Jaffarian, you can count on trained professionals.
3. Service Excellence. Both of our service departments are award-winning, based on customer reviews. Our Jaffarian Toyota Service department ranks in the top 10 out of 71 Toyota Service departments in the Northeast Region. Our customers’ satisfaction is one of the best ways to evaluate our service departments.
4. We maintain the integrity of your vehicle by replacing genuine Toyota or Volvo parts with genuine Toyota and Volvo parts. Simply stated, we keep your Toyota a Toyota and your Volvo a Volvo. The local service station may not have the extensive inventory of parts we stock. If they do have to call for parts, you may have to sit and wait for them to arrive.
5. State-of-the-art technology. Allow our staff to demonstrate our commitment to excellence while using state-of-the art equipment. As you drive into the service area (designed to protect you from the elements), you may notice the clean environment as well as the equipment and technology. We invest in the best, including Hawkeye alignment technology, that most independent service stations will not have. With state-of-the-art technology, we can show you exactly the results of alignment diagnostics, as just one example of investing to better serve you.
6. We build relationships. We get to know your vehicle, we get to know you and you get to know us. Our team has longevity, so you become familiar with us. There is a lot to be said for having ‘your guy’ who you can count on to get your vehicle squeezed in to check something out prior to your heading out on vacation or quickly getting you into a rental hassle-free when an engine light comes on and you need to get somewhere. That may not be the case with other service alternatives.
7. Although you don’t think of a service department being in the hospitality business, when you’re in the Jaffarian Volvo or Toyota Scion Service Department lounges, you are our guest and we take pride in providing many hospitality services. We provide comfortable seating with flat-screen cable television, Wi-Fi, work stations, a choice of beverages, snacks, Starbucks coffee in real mugs. We also have a children’s play area and restrooms that are clean and spotless.
8. Additional convenience amenities we offer include complimentary shuttle service to get you to the train, work or home and early bird key drop-off. We’ll give you a ride to your home or workplace in our van, but many people prefer to stay in our comfortable lounge and watch TV, read, or work on your phone and/or laptop.
9. There is a red phone that dials directly to my cell phone in both the service and sales areas. If you need to reach me for any reason, pick up the phone. I’m here to solve problems and make sure you’re happy. While the intention was for me to handle problems, I can’t tell you how many times someone picks up the red phone to call me and just tell me how happy they are with the service, or how the advisor or technician went above and beyond expectations.
11. Our highly-skilled and certified technicians work in temperature-controlled areas where they can focus on your vehicle in comfort, rather than in conditions such as extreme hot and cold. Some local service stations may be more like “sweat shops” this time of year. They also have general service technicians, not generally skilled or trained in your vehicle’s make and model.
12. Service appointments include a complimentary exterior car wash.
I understand the value of convenience and certainly understand the opportunity to save money. At Jaffarian, we are committed to delivering a high quality, professional service experience and offer the full set of amenities to make it easy and hassle-free for you. I hope to see you here for service to give us the opportunity to earn your business and your trust!
P.S. I once walked through the Volvo service area and someone actually asked me if he could stay a little longer when his car was ready. He said he was enjoying working here and getting more done than in his office. Oh, and he was enjoying the coffee too!