How does the Toyota Camry compare to the Nissan Altima, Honda Accord, Ford Fusion and Hyundai Sonata?
Camry has been America’s best-selling car for more than a decade for many reasons. Because of the high volume of sales, it’s manufactured in the U.S. for the most part and responsible for more than 6,000 jobs. Camry sales in the U.S. have been so strong for decades, that for many years it has been America’s most popular car. But let me stick to the facts with what Camry has to offer in 2014.
The many ways in which Camry has topped all of the competitors is in the following areas:
• Camry offers Entune technology that includes complete audio display services – including Bluetooth, voice recognition, USB, aux port, display screen and apps that include business, weather and news – not available in any of the competitors.
• This “smart” car includes a back-up camera for accident and injury prevention.
• According to IntelliChoice.com, the five-year cost of owning a Camry has a lower year cost of ownership than any of the other mid-size vehicles.
• The EPA ratings for gas mileage in the Camry, for both city and highway driving with its 2.5-liter engine, beats out Honda Accord’s 4-cylinder engine, even with manual transmission, keeping down the cost of driving.
• Camrys come with complimentary two-year, 25,000-mile factory-scheduled maintenance and 24-hour roadside assistance not available with any of the competitors. This is no-cost maintenance, in addition to the standard 60,000 mile/36-month powertrain warranty.
• There are 10 standard airbags, with standard knee airbags, whereas the competitors have only six and no one has the knee airbags to keep you safer and to sustain fewer injuries in a crash.
• Newer Camrys feature whiplash-injury-lessening front seats.
• For comfort and convenience, Camry offers more rear head and leg room than the other vehicles in its class.
Camry has won these significant awards and accolades in 2014:
• Excellent Value by IntelliChoice
• IIHS Top Safety Pick
• SmartChoice Retained Value by IntelliChoice
• NHTSA 5-Star Safety Rating
• SmartChoice Maintenance Costs Winner by IntelliChoice
• Highest-Ranking Passenger Car
• SmartChoice Fuel Costs Winner by IntelliChoice
• SmartChoice Operating Costs Winner by IntelliChoice
• “Most Dependable Midsize Car” by J.D. Power (Camry received the lowest number of problems per 100 vehicles among midsize cars.)
• U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Cars for the Money” award top honors in the Best Midsize Car for the Money category
• Recommended by KBB.com Consumers
For Camry’s safety features, including 10 standard airbags, whiplash injury lessening driver’s seat, and back-up camera; combined with the lowest cost of ownership for its economical gas mileage and two years of free maintenance; and it’s excellent technological capabilities—it is clearly the best choice over the Accord, Fusion, Altima and Sonata. And let’s not forget its comfort and increased interior room combined with its new sleeker style.
Come see the new Camrys available at Jaffarian Toyota Scion so we can show you these special features in person and answer your questions. For a more detailed comparison of Camry and its major competitors, click here.
Get informed. Stay informed. Which vehicle are you considering buying now?