Suggested Driving Safety Resolutions to Adopt in 2014
We are all blessed to make it through another year, and while you all have personal goals and are making New Year’s resolutions, I’d like to suggest some resolutions to ensure your safety on the roads in 2014.
If December is indicative of this winter’s weather, we know that the Farmer’s Almanac report quoted in one of the November blogs, is on target. This winter is going to be one for the books—one of the iciest and snowiest winters on record. That makes these resolutions even more imperative to follow.
However, accidents happen every month of the year. Too often, we make resolutions and they are forgotten by February or March. Let’s pledge to live by these resolutions every day for our own safety, our passengers and others on the road.
Please consider adding the following to your 2014 New Year’s resolutions:
1. I will not drink and drive or get into a vehicle with a driver who is intoxicated.
2. I will not text while driving.
3. I will keep my hands on the wheel and my eyes on the road while talking on my cell phone. (I highly recommend you consider a “Bluetooth” or other hands-free device for safety.)
4. I will keep my focus on the road, not on other passengers or other potential distractions.
5. I will use my turn signal when changing lanes or exiting.
6. I will keep my speed within 5 miles per hour of the speed limit. I will drive slower or as posted in inclement weather.
7. I will always wear my seat belt; and ask that my passengers do the same.
8. I will follow the manufacturers’ recommended service schedule to keep my vehicle in warranty and to avoid breakdowns. (Jaffarian Volvo Toyota Scion’s Service Department will help you with maintaining you service schedule.)
Wishing you all a very happy, healthy New Year; and safe driving on New Year’s Eve and throughout 2014!