Why should I to go to a dealer for an oil change when I can go to one of those quick lube places?
I’ve heard the following from friends and customers:
“I went in for a $29.95 oil change and came out with a $350 bill!”
“The inexperienced technician forgot to put the oil cap back on! I had to have my engine cleaned. That was an expensive (clean-up) lesson to learn.”
There are a number of reasons why you should bring your car to a dealer for service:
1. Relationship—Dealers want to be your advisor and form an ongoing relationship with your and yes, with your vehicle. We get to know you and your vehicle in order to deliver high-quality service at a competitive price. By maintaining your vehicle records, we can refer back to your service history when needed. At Jaffarian, we’re here to be your advisor by phone or in-person six days a week.
2. Experience—Dealers employ experienced, certified technicians who know what the manufacturer recommends for your vehicle, including the oil recommended for your make, model and year. When you go to a chain or franchise oil change operation, you don’t know the skill level nor are they likely trained or certified as a master technician for your make and model.
3. Competitive Pricing–Please read my previous blog, “Dare to Compare” to be assured that Jaffarian is competitive and when it comes to total value, be sure you are well-aware of all that you are receiving as part of the oil change service. While there are may be differences based on makes and models, Jaffarian oil changes start at $29.95 for the same oil change you get elsewhere, but we spend an hour with your vehicle, conducting a 48-point inspection that includes topping off all fluids, checking brakes and tire pressure, among many other things. As I often say: “Buyer beware!” Don’t make the mistake of assuming that you will pay more at a dealer—be informed and you may realize you actually get more for your money!
4. Integrity—I often hear stories from customers who have gone to the quick-lube places with a coupon, only to find they spent hundreds of dollars on repairs they weren’t expecting. As a consumer, do business with people you know, trust and respect, and who will stand by their service.
Vehicle repairs can be expensive and it is an awful feeling to wonder if you were taken advantage of. If you find yourself in that situation, please call us and let us help you evaluate what your vehicle really needs, like getting a second opinion before surgery. As a family-run business, we have built our business on doing the right thing for our customers. We’ve also invested in the technology to show you and to explain what repairs are really needed.
5. Value–We don’t put on a reminder sticker that tells you to come back in 3,000 miles, when in most cases, you can go 3,700-10,000 miles, depending on the year, make and model of your vehicle. Most of the newer models are “smart” cars that let you know when it’s time to change the oil with a light or symbol appearing on the dashboard. A good rule-of-thumb is to follow the recommended scheduled factory maintenance plan and keep good records.
6. Convenience–It may seem easy to pull into one of the quick-lube places when you think of it and that’s understandable. Keep in mind, you can always call us or book on-line, or check to see if your dealer has time when driving by. Unlike most service stations and quick-lube places, our technicians are working in a climate-controlled facility so they can be comfortable and focus on your vehicle, not extreme weather conditions.
In addition, we offer a shuttle service for your convenience, rental cars if needed and air-conditioned waiting rooms that include free Wi-Fi, work stations, snacks and beverages, and cable television in a clean waiting room and sparkling clean restrooms.
We make it easy to schedule Jaffarian service online or by phone at 888-355-1041. We are open all day Saturday for your convenience.
Faces change often at the quick-lube places. As a dealer, we want to provide you complete one-stop shopping for all of your vehicle needs with people you know and trust—including high-quality service by trained technicians. If you ever have a problem, you can always pick up a red phone in our service areas, to speak with me directly and ensure your needs are met.
Stay cool! Have a safe summer!